PC starts, restarts, then black screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always use a DMM (Digital Multimeter). Turn it on DC, put the red probe on the + side, and the black probe on the - side and it should read 3 volts. If not, get a new one

Would it be cheaper to buy a new battery rather than buy a multimeter?

I bought a new battery but it didn't help. I really don't know what else to try. Let me know if you have more suggestion, I really need them. Thanks for the help so far!

Been over a month and I still need some help resolving this issue. I really don't have any money to spend on speculation, so if there is a process of elimination one of you would like me to go through, let me know. I really need this problem fixed. Thanks!

Maybe this has something to do with why some of your applications dont start with a GUI. Maybe you have some corruption within the OS and need to reinstall it fresh. You never said if you have tried that.

Hello there, can you remember what you did before the last shutdown? Did you install any software/drivers etc?

The first thing to do is try and boot into 'safe-mode'

Restart the PC and at the end of the BIOS display repeatedly press the F8 key before Windows starts to load. This should interrupt the boot sequence and display a test-based menu with a number of options. Use the cursor keys to move up the menu to the top option 'safe mode' and choose that. The system should attempt to load a reduced copy of Windows with only basic device drivers and none of the normal startup programs etc running. You should hopefully be able to loin to the PC and you'll see it running in a reduced screen resoltion.

You have a couple of things to try now. First I would check the drive for any corruption/errors. Click Start -> Run and enter - chkdsk /F
you will be told that it will run at the next boot. Close down and reboot. During the reboot chkdsk should run and scan (& hopefully fix ) for any disk errors. This process could take some time. Once that has run(if it runs) then you should be able to reboot fully and login.

If still no good boot into safe mode again and go into Help & Support. Type System Restore into the search field and follow the instructions on restoring to an earlier point.

Good luck.

Hiiii Everyone

Help me please! My system won't start It was fine the previous night. I shut down my computer as per normal.
After that when i again restart it next day, it won't load at all. The monitor displays the usual startup screen and then it stuck up during booting process & went black. Do any1 have the soltion for this i dont wanna to be fomat it ,if it can be ok without formating or reinstallation the window , than it would b great for me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom