Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Video upgrade not working

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
wratchetwrist
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to wratchetwrist Send a message via Yahoo to wratchetwrist
Talking Re: Video upgrade not working

I'm sooooo sorry, guys - and feel like such a stoopid NUUB! (not even a regular N00B, cuz this is almost unforgiveable for a techie type person!!)

I forgot to enforce the cardinal rule of screwed up hardware -- trying known good in suspected bad, and suspected 'bad' in known good... Guess what? Turns out the AGP slot on that mobo is 'not working', shall we - politely - say!!

I tried a known good card in there, and STILL nothing! So, I took one of the new cards and put in my up and running tower, and lookie at me! :laughing: I've got display resolutions all the way up to 1680 x 1050!!! :speechless: Yay!!!

I really wanted this card (the 512 one) in my other tower, but hey, if that AGP slot's dead, I'll put it in this one! Looks like my daughter will end up with a Verto GeForce card after I put the 256mb FX5500 in my third tower, after I get THAT hard drive done up!

And, my son should (hopefully, if HIS AGP's not also dead) get to be able to play his game, after all!! :super_happy:

Thanks for all your help and input, and next time, maybe we'll all remember to ask if there's another similar computer in the house to try that with... :embaressed:

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.