your thoughs on the new style/theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) i just removed it from the top...i figure, why do yo want to logout?

note: its at the bottom

There is 1 reason for people to have the option to log out at the top.

If they are on a public PC. If they dont have this option up front and center when they access the site from Work or a public library anyone who uses the PC after them can be logged in with their account info.

Possibly causing the member to get into trouble for doing something against the rules and getting banned unjustly cause it wasnt them but someone else who used their account without their knowledge cause they didnt log out.

While the option is still there just at the bottom, it is out of sight and out of mind. So having it down there they will not see it and not think about it and forget. Which could be potentially harmful.

Yes i know that this should be the first thought on the users mind to log out from a public place. But like i jsut stated. Out of site out of mind. If they dont see the option they might not think it is there. Just like many people probably didnt notice the new forum at the bottom like i have. ;)

Computer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Nothing in it yet but i see it. So know something is coming up with it soon.

Yea, at first it was kinda weird, but Larry's done a good job over the last few days of updating and optimizing things. It's totally grown on me, so bye bye for good old T.F. theme *waves*

good valid point on the log out
:)

so thinking... while being in the "tab" --- it blends in like the rest of the taps, would you really see it? would it remind you to actually log out?

if so, then maybe it doesn't need to be in a "tab"....
maybe i just put a log out link some where in the header or at the top?

why not just put in the header? i dont' feel it should take up a tab by itself.

or if a good place can't be found, maybe i will just put it back in the tab.

thanks

It could be put in the Member Panel, maybe beside the last visited date/time?

Interesting site, aspire. I've seen things from there, but some of their layout stuff is really good.

like i said before, i like the new look.

but after a day or so with this new look, i realize that this site now loads slower than it did before.

not every time tho. sometimes when i click a link to a post/thread, it loads just like it would for anyother site, but sometimes, well it just hangs.

this is the only site that does this now for/to me.

any ideas?

For me the site is fine in Opera. Loading this topic in Firefox took roughly 15 seconds to load everything. Which seems a bit long. But in Opera it will load in just about 3-5 seconds. So it seems that Firefox is having some issues with the new skin.

I dont notice any real slow down. Seems just fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom