Ram questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShizNit609

In Runtime
i have 3-3-3-8 ram pc 3200 corsair value select... people say i can get it to run faster withought the fear of causing harm to it. could anyone suggest what would be safe to change the latency to?

it can be different,....read the sticky post by kangaroo in this forum...it is a trial and error process. Most ppl worry a lot about the cas latency (first), but others think that is over rated...just try out different settings...go slow and you wont hurt anything.

my feelings are the difference between 2 and 3 cas latency is in nanoseconds.....you aren't ever gonna notice that....only a computer can register and acknowledge nanoseconds

EDIT: The 8 on the end is probably a restriction factor, BUT there is an exception to that rule...when people overclock..they have to loosen their ram timings so that it'll run stable. Some people will have an insanely high overclocked computer and you look at their ram timings and it'll be like 3-4-4-11, I think 11 is the highest I've ever seen it at though.

because i recently oc'd my comp and it automatically changed it frmo 3-3-3-7 to 3-3-3-8 do you think if i changed it back anything bad would happen?

yeah, I would say leave it at 8 since you are saying you OC'd, it loosened its RAM timings to ensure stability. I would say its co0

if thats under a completely stressed out full load thats full load for like atleast 6 hours via prime95 testing then yeah thats pretty good. Others would argue against me because some are paranoid and want cooler. Personally I'm going for as cool as possible and I've only done minor things to get it to the point of 50C idle and it WILL NOT go above 53C under full load because of the current set up.

Personally I'd say your good to go, but I've been on an air cooling binge lately, so hell if you got like $50 to spare get top of the line heatsink and a powerful fan (if you got a fan controller cause powerful = loud as hell) and some AS5 and you'll probably drop 7-10 degrees easy if all you got is stock right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom