Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Video upgrade not working

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
wratchetwrist
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to wratchetwrist Send a message via Yahoo to wratchetwrist
Default Re: Video upgrade not working

Okay, I was up until 4:30 this morning, researching this, and came up with some interesting stuff. Wikipedia has wonderful info on AGP, making me think it WAS the voltage, until I tried to Google the architecture for the mobo AGP slot this morning. I came up with the book for the SE version of the board, which also has 2 SATA connection points, and showed a pic of a double-slotted card (like these) in it's picture. So, I guess the voltage is prolly not the problem after all.

However, NOWHERE can I find specs on the architecture of the AGP slot. The PCI slots are 32-bit... These AGP cards are 64- and 128-bit. Anybody think THAT might be my problem?? (and, no, I'm not trying to put AGP into PCI, just curious if the AGP is ALSO 32-bit.

Gilles: I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with drivers, since I had previously been using the onboard 64mb shared video. Only decided to upgrade to a card cuz of the 128mb requirements of the new game. I can try uninstalling the onboard graphics drivers, but I really don't think it'll matter with BIOS set to AGP first... Did that WORK for your situation? and had your dad ONLY been using the onboard before that?

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.