wrong ram timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
Finished up building this rig late last night. I decided to do a cpu-z check to make sure everything was reading as it should. Note- I don't usually use this, but I saw someone talking about in on the boards earlier so I decided to get it. On the Memory tab, to me, is reading 5-5-15-25 timings? The ram is supposed to be 5-5-5-15. When I came acrossed the SPD it says the max bandwidth is PC2-6400 (400 mhz) but the memory I have is G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit. To be able to run at the 1066 you need a AM2+ CPU with the Biostar TF720 A2+ which I have with the 7750 Kuma.

I am confused, again I don't really know how to read into this. I saw by google that you can manually set the timings/speed in BIOS but I didn't see where in the BIOS. Running windows xp sp3. Both slot #1 & #2 read the same.

Some BIOS read the SPD wrong and set to a default and you have to manualy go in and set it.
the ram may be capable of running at that speed np but the SPD may show the lowest value.
It should tell you specifically where in your mobo manual.
In mine its an area called CELL menu.
It took me awhile to get mine straightened out it was running under speed also but in my case it required i flash it.. was a bug.

you probably have to go change the settings manually, just make sure you got the correct RAM and
check the voltages make sure your in safe range.
BIOSTAR
start reading at 5.1 under manual tab then save it unless you have this same version of the mobo manual. talks about settings

RAM timing stuff in the BIOS tends to be amongst the overclocking options, try looking there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom