Turbo USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
Can anyone tell me what Turbo USB is? and is there a real diference between USB 2.0 and Turbo?

and I read somewhere that USB 3.0 is coming soon, how long into the future will it be here and will 3.0 work on a 2.0 device? or the hardware would have to be 3.0 in order to run at 3.0 speeds. thanks in advance

Yeah late 2009 probably won't become mainstream until 2011 I think though as it would require a hardware upgrade it is backwards compatible aswell though so people shouldn't be left out in the lurch. It won't change much usb 2.0 hasn't had its bandwidth fully used yet.

Universal Serial Bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I believe Turbo USB is just another name for 2.0. And 3.0 will backwards-compatible with 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0. USB 3.0 will probably start becoming mainstream in late 2010 (that's just an educated guess).

Well suposedly from what I read through a Turbo manufacturer was it's 30% faster than USB 2.0 and just wanted to see if it really was from the knowledge base here :)

Yeah late 2009 probably won't become mainstream until 2011 I think though as it would require a hardware upgrade it is backwards compatible aswell though so people shouldn't be left out in the lurch. It won't change much usb 2.0 hasn't had its bandwidth fully used yet.

Well if thats the case why are they dragging their feet.. are they afraid to open up the bandwidth? they waiting to milk us with 3.0 instead which will probably be 2.0 opened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom