Laptop suggestions. For work, not gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Have a friend that needs a new one. I don't buy laptops any more so I have no idea what is best out there.

Budget: $1200

Thank you

Hello,

How about an aluminium 13" Apple MacBook at $1299, or a white Apple MacBook at $999? Remember, students get discount, and these prices are non-discounted prices.

Lenovo Thinkpads are quite nice. The Lenovo Thinkpad T400 14.1" notebook can be configured for as low as $929. The 15.4" Lenovo Thinkpad T500 notebook costs as low as $959. Lenovo IdeaPad Y series notebooks are quite nice as well. Screen sizes range from 14.1" to 17", with the IdeaPad Y430 14.1" notebook starting at $589. What's more, Lenovo are currently offering 15% discount for T series and IdeaPad Y series notebooks until the 23rd February:

Save 15% on Lenovo notebooks when you enter eCoupon USP1314SAVINGS in your shopping cart through February 23.

I really couldn't have said it better than the guy above. Those could veyr well be the best options available if he wants an extremely high quality, potentially business class, laptop.

Not sure on the work really. I just know they do not game at all so anything that would be more so for every day use, rather then gaming.

I will look into the Lenovo ones. Never heard of them. I don't want to suggest a apple. Him and his wife are computer "stupid". I'd get calls every day about how to do this or that on the apple. :)

Chad Lenovo is the new name for IBM's desktop an laptop computers, there laptops are the best I have ever owned, and the best I have ever had to fix for some one. I have had one that some one cracked the screen on a few days out of warranty and they managed to get me one for the cost of shipping. I duno if i touched lucky that day an got some one in a good news but that has to be a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom