My First Gaming Rig... Under $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodom

Baseband Member
Ok so I went on my own adventure on Newegg.
here are my results... let me know what you think... or if I messed up with matching!

Case-
APEVIA X-SNIPER G-Type X-SNIPERG-AL Black / Silver SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-SNIPER G-Type X-SNIPERG-AL Black / Silver SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

CPU-
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

MoBo-
MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

G Card-
EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

PSU-
COOLMAX CU-600B 600W ATX 12V V2.2/EPS 12V V2.91
Newegg.com - COOLMAX CU-600B 600W ATX 12V V2.2/EPS 12V V2.91 Modular Power Supply - Power Supplies

RAM-
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

HD-
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

DVD Writer-
"comes free with one of the above items" forgot which one haha!

Total = $825.93
Minus Mail-In Reb.= $740.93

....opinions? Let me know how I did.

Looks good to me. I think you'll be much happier than buying... and you have online tech support to boot! :p
LOL

LOL... true! and yes you are right... I am 10x happier with what I'll be getting for the cash I'm spending.

I have another question!!!!!!

After reading more into about the CPU, I have another question for youguys!

Would i be better off going with my chosen CPU or switching out my MoBo and CPU to an Intel?... my concern at first was... for the price, i wanted the quad core instead of the duel core... what do youguys thing?

IMO, quad core isn't totally useful and won't be until program are designed for them to run on them yet.. future proofing isn't bad, but then when is that ever the case. When you start asking yourself "Is it time to upgrade?" or "Is this slowing down", then your bored and will want upgrade :p

Besides, the Phenom II is a great chip, and I think is under-rated by the fact that INTEL owns the market right now. When I do my next build, I'm going for the P. III myself.

I have another question!!!!!!

After reading more into about the CPU, I have another question for youguys!

Would i be better off going with my chosen CPU or switching out my MoBo and CPU to an Intel?... my concern at first was... for the price, i wanted the quad core instead of the duel core... what do youguys thing?

They are pretty much equal, it comes down to a price issue and personal preference from there. If newegg is having a sell on one chip then you should go for it.

I bought a corsair 650tx couple weeks ago, and after one week of use, it blew up =/ Comp shut down, psu was making noises, then the smell of burning =(

Did you rub it on the carpet or shoot it with a taser? I find it hard to believe that it did, although there is no such thing as a zero failure rate component. Corsair has a great reputation for powers supplies, just check around the forums, many users have them and love them. I love my 550vx. A large percentage of users on TF use Corsair psus, the rest use Seasonic and pc power and cooling which are also great brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom