Buying my first gaming pc. Plz let me know what you think about my choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you already have an OS, then great... saves you money... but MS will be discontinuing updates of XP sometime in the future, so Vista/Windows 7 will be the next thing. That's the only reason why I chose Vista
Question... if i wanted to not get and OS ...at least, not at the moment, and wanted to edge my way closer to $800, would it be better to try to find a lil better CPU? or MoBo? ...in your opinion?

P.S. plz continue to add any comments... i have to go workout and ill check back in a few hours... thanx so much for the input so far... shedding a lot of light for me!

ECS isn't bad... there are better ones out there, but I also figured someone else would chime in and between all of us we'd give him something to work with.

ECS isn't bad... there are better ones out there, but I also figured someone else would chime in and between all of us we'd give him something to work with.

Ok so I went on my own adventure on Newegg.
here are my results... let me know what you think... or if I messed up with matching!

Case-
APEVIA X-SNIPER G-Type X-SNIPERG-AL Black / Silver SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-SNIPER G-Type X-SNIPERG-AL Black / Silver SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

CPU-
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

MoBo-
MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

G Card-
EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

PSU-
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply - Power Supplies

RAM-
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

HD-
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

DVD Writer-
"comes free with one of the above items" forgot which one haha!

Total = $815.93
Minus Mail-In Reb.= $740.93

....opinions? Let me know how I did.

Raidmax isn't very good for PSU's... that si one of the items where, "you get what you pay for" I would go with Antec, Forton, or one of those type... check out the stickies at the pot of the page. It goes into some depth about the differences and what's better, etc...

http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/read-first-power-supply-guide-167793/

http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/read-first-hardware-stickies-index-142552/

Ok so i read what you said and went with this.

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP500-2 500W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Rosewill is Newegg's generic stuff. They are hit and miss... I would honestly look at a range of 60-90 for a decent and reliable PSU.

I might suggest something like this?

Newegg.com - COOLMAX CU-600B 600W ATX 12V V2.2/EPS 12V V2.91 Modular Power Supply - Power Supplies

but then some people don't like coolmax. I've owned 3 and didn't have one problem out of them...

but Antec is always a good choice no matter what.

that ones not bad and imma go with it... So I will repost this final choice and see wut anyone else has to say... thanx so much for your time and opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom