Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie105

Baseband Member
Recently my computer switches to a blue screen randomly when I'm on it or when it's just left on and not being used. The first time it happened was about a month ago, then it happened again about 2 weeks ago, and now it seems to be happening at least once a day. I have done a virus check many times so I don't think it's a virus. The blue screen says something about recently installed hardware or software but I haven't installed any :/ And it says begin physical dump of memory or something like that. Also after I've restarted it comes up with a black screen saying 'read risk error' or something 'press ctrl alt del to restart' but then if I leave it about a hour, it will boot up fine again. Is there anyway I can check what it is that's causing it? I have done a chkdsk 3 times but it's still happening. Is it my HDD or memory or something else? Anyone got any solutions otherwise I'll have to get a new pc becuase it's getting very annoying now! Or would formating the disk help?

You can try looking in there; they'd be called a Bugcheck code within the error log. Or if you have the minidump files (located in C:\Windows\Minidumps), you can upload them to a place like RapidShare or Megaupload and we can analyze them.

Thanks for your replies so far. There was nothing recent in the minidump folder and couldnt really find anything useful in the event logger although there were lots of disk errors at the time of when this problem happened. When I double click to open all the disk erriors, they all say

'The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D

The problem seems to be getting alot worse every day now as yesterday it happened about 4 or 5 times!

I'll wait until it happens again today so I can write down what comes up on the BSOD to give you full detaiils.

And no I don't download many programmes.

Moved to Windows. Not a hardware related issue at this time. Since we dont know the Stop Error code we cant say for sure that it is hardware related. Could be a bad driver or a bad software install.

Right, I've got the error codes(s)

Here they are:

***STOP:0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8A0AFC08, 0x8A0AFD7C, 0x8060566E)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Hope that's enough info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom