What is the coolest running quad core out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coolest running? Actually i7 can run hotter than Core 2, because the main heat source of the North Bridge (MCH) is now on the CPU die, along with their memory controller. It mostly depends if you overclock and what heatsink/fan you are using.

core i7 920
stock cooling / stock speeds idles at around 38c ballpark in my case have never gone over 55-60c under load. (realtemp) but thats about right.
anything under 70c is fine I have been told but the support tech i spoke with said under 80c
he has seen with no issues. kinda freaked me out at first running that hot but searches show its about average at 40 idle 60-70 loaded.

"at stock and with a OCZ Vendetta cooler i get 28C on my 45nm q9550..cool as a cucumber"
ya thats nice :)

I didn't say I want a cool quad I said the coolest running one. You know some run much cooler than others. That's all.

A Q9550 downclocked to 250mhz and nitrogen cooled would be athe coldest one to still run xp. What is the usage? What is the budget? or is this a figment of intelectual pursuit and not an actual project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom