My Comp Will NOT turn on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grounding idea doesen't work either. Maybe I should take it in to star surplus and see if they can fix it. Do you guys have anymore ideas or should I just take it into thier repair shop.

I think the MBD is dead. Probably need to replace it. Whats the weather like on Phobos? ;) Another thought, the power supplies you're using ARE powerful enough, right?? What is the rating?

that would be a good idea. save some mullah. also, you did what was suggest (by major earlier, I think) in shorting the pins for power on to see if it just isn't a power switch failure, right?

killians45 said:
that would be a good idea. save some mullah. also, you did what was suggest (by major earlier, I think) in shorting the pins for power on to see if it just isn't a power switch failure, right?

not sure, what exactly do you mean by that?

on the mbd where the power button hooks up (should be a bunch of little pins, for HDD LED, power, etc... find which pins are for power on and short them out with a paper clip or something. then plug her in and see what happens.

There in the right place, my brother has the same exact mobo and i'm just going to buy a new one (since I don't have the receat)

I want to really thank all you poeple for your trully deticated help.

Thank you all

Well, I'm a little late (kind of an understatement), but I had about the exact same problem...only I was building my comp; I took some of the METAL scerews and screwed the mobo to the case. When I turned it on, all I got was this little green light on the actual mobo showing that it's on or something...I followed the exact instructions from my mobo manual, but I also looked at "Building a PC for Dummies", where it said that you mounted it with these plastic mounting screws. I felt sooooooooo stupid after I installed the plastic screws...cause it worked after that. It could be a suggestion, but I highly doubt you or anyon else for that matter, is that idiotic. =p If not, then, yea, what killians45 said...dead mobo; buy a new one.

I agree with you on the screws, thats why I had him remove the MBD to see if it was grounding to the case. I think all options have been exhausted, so sounds like the MBD is fried ;) Others have done that, so you're not the only one 'cause there was a post with the same problem awhile back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom