My Comp Will NOT turn on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, everything is just completly silent. I press the on the power button and it doesnt come on. Just the power LED comes on and is constantly on, thats the only sign of life I'm getting on the my PC.

so you took EVERYTHING off to get some characters? Well, the last thing I could say to try is checking to see if the MBD is grounding to the case. Have you tried taking out the vid card and then reseating it? Also, is there intergrated graphics? Even thought should auto disable, if it doesnt and you do have intergrated, remove the vid card, plug into the intergrated slot, go into bios, change the setting to AGP, shut down and reseat the vid card. Otherwise, sounds like a bad MBD to me.

killians45 said:
so you took EVERYTHING off to get some characters? Well, the last thing I could say to try is checking to see if the MBD is grounding to the case. Otherwise, sounds like a bad MBD to me.
I tried taking every thing off, but like I siad I get no sign of life excapt the power LED. We took every thing off except the vid card and we left one stick of ram in and we left in the power cables.

try jumping to clear nvram. although the battery should of done this, MAYBE this will, also. A few things to do. First, find the jumper on the MBD that says either "Reset Config Data" or "Clear NVRAM". It should have a number or two. like 1,2. That means take the tiny cap and position it over what numbers it says. Boot the system. HOPEFULLY you should see something like "CMOS/BIOS/NVRAM cleared by jumper." If it does, GOOD! We're in business. Just put the jumper to its original set (probably the pins for nomral) and reboot. Should prompt you to enter bios. Check it and save settings. If this DOESN'T work, the only thing else I can say is remove the MBD from the case and set it on something anti static careful of ESD (static charge). Have the bare essentials plugged in (HDD, CPU, memory, vid card) and turn it on. I know its a pain, but this should cover everything. If you STILL get nothing the MBD is probably shot and MAYBE the CPU (doubt the memory because you've tried each individually, but could be). Go for the MBD first, its cheaper and if the CPU is shot, more than likely something got to the MBD first. If it DOES turn on outside the case you have a grounding problem. Probably the screws holding the MBD in the case are touching the etchings and the case shorting it out via ground. To fix that, just get some plastic clips to fit the screws into.

I see Cmose jumper on my mother board that Im also see in my booklet that I can clear the configuration data, but there pins. How can I mess with pins?

EDIT NeverMind I found the cap I'll see what happends

earlier you said you were donig stuff in the bios and when u restarted nothin worked.. what did you do in the bios?

The first idea with the jumper isen't working. I'll give the Grounding idea a try

EDIT: Yes save default setting sis what I did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom