Thinking about getting a different case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he have any pictures of his build?

S5000301.jpg

Looks like his is the TJ09.
From this thread:
http://www.techist.com/forums/1581043-post1959.html

yup that is the TJ09, the only difference is the front panel and the Mid section fan has a black silverstone cover. At least that's all I can tell.

I guess because of the mid section vents on both sides, there can't be cable management on the backside of the case. And then with the fact of a removable motherboard tray you can't run the wires behind it.

Lian-Li makes some of the best cases around. You pay the price for the quality with their cases.

any other thoughts? i know there is more than two people on this forum. Hey if you have a different suggestion then say it. Sorry im just in love with the look of the Tj10 and love the newer tech of the ft01. Hey neaby someone suggest building a watercooling set up instead.

Oddly i like the 1200 and not the 902. Anyways, I own one silverstone htpc case and 3 lian-lis, Lian-Li is always good quality, I can't complain on any of them. I love my A10, there are days that the front door annoys me but that is personal preff. But no complaints in regards to the Silverstone either. My 900 is ok but nothing special other than a wind tunnel, is a cheap case next to the Lian-Lis but what do you expect for half the price. I find the 1200 is better made than the 900, they took a couple of lessons from their previous mistakes...but again, it's a budget full tower so you can't compare it apples to apples with Silverstone and Lian-Li.

In the end the case is up to you, how much do you want to spend and what do you like.

The FT01 looks to be the better choice of the two, because it has has larger and more fans as well as cheaper. Though it's a mid-tower.

Other cases I can suggest are:
Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

I liked the look of the FT01 myself but the TJ09/TJ10 cases are just amazing.

They only compliant I've heard about the case is the cable management and that the hard drives can only be arranged with the power/sata cables facing the window side. Instead of being about to run on the back side of the case.

I think the case is one of the best looking on the market, but for 330 dollars seems a little steep for a case that is almost 2 years old. Seems like Silverstone should upgrade this case with better cable management, powder coated black interior, and hot swappable drives like on the FT01. Also I bet the larger fans in the FT01 could fit into the TJ10 for better air flow. (hence instead of a 120mm fan sucking in air for the GPU put one of those 180mm.)

Does he have any pictures of his build?

Yeah the case is a bit expensive but you get what you pay for.

As you can see, if you take your time you can get some very decent wire management. I was able to run the cables through the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom