I really hate vista!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
GAAAAH

I have my laptop all charged up, put it in standby and throw it in my backpack. I go to class, end up not using it, come to eat lunch, pull it out and...it's really ********* hot! WTF is up with Vista, it is the only OS I know of that likes to randomly jump out of standby and smoke your PC to insane temperatures while it is in a bag, not to mention drain your battery in its stupid mess. The PC should ONLY EVER 100% wake up when I TELL IT TO by opening the screen/pressing the ON button/etc, not randomly. However, all it does is either turn itself on without warning or power up and never actually come back (the PC turns back on but the screen remains blank).

Why does Vista utterly fail at power management? It's seriously not that hard.

Re: I ***#*$*&#$%*(#$& hate vista!!!!!

I have never noticed my install of vista on my laptop doing that, could be the switch on the board that controls the sleep mode signal is messed up... I would just shut the laptop down completly before headed out to class and such.

Something had to cause it to wake up. Computers don't wake themselves up randomly.

smoke your PC to insane temperatures

Don't you have an overclocked dual core or something?

not to mention drain your battery in its stupid mess.
What did you expect it to do? Even in standby laptops use power. learn to turn it off. Nothing you have is that important that you need instant access to your files.

Why does Vista utterly fail at power management? It's seriously not that hard.

Are you sure that you have the power scheme set to laptop? Vista may think it is a desktop, you should check that. With computers there is always an explanation, you just have to find it. Getting mad wont help.

Not sure exactly what's happening, it's done it before a few times but only in Vista, maybe I'll try using XP for a while and see what happens.

The weird thing is that standby in general is messed up in Vista, if I'm in high performance mode and try to standby while plugged in, it doesn't, it goes to the login page and that's it. If I do the same while in low power mode, it goes into standby fine. If I'm in low power then pressing the Power button makes it go into standby while it shuts down in High Performance. I have a dedicated standby button (Fn F5) so I don't need Power to change function...stupid default settings.

You surre you've set it up in power correctly?

Really sounds like its misconfigured.

I just had this issue with my palm treo... somehow I changed the power settings 3 menus deep.

ive never used hibternate or stand by with my laptop, its either off or on...

Seems to stave off alot of problems..

Power button. Thats all i'm saying. Vista takes all of 30 seconds to boot.

Takes forever if you have stuff installed, though I usually shut down the stupid power button maps itself to standby in low power mode.

My PDA (Axim X50v Windows Mobile 6.1) has a similar issue, stupid mobile devices and their idiotic standby failures.

Mine randomly jumps out of sleep to. I'll have it on my desk and put it to sleep before I go to bed and I'll wake up the next morning and it'll be awake or it'll wake me up in the middle of the night because of how **** bright the logon screen is.

I've also noticed that if you boot it up without it plugged in and its set to high performance it takes a good 1-3 minutes before you can actually do anything on it. This is on my HP and it also does it on 2 of my buddies laptops, ones a toshiba satelite and the other is a viao. Weird ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom