Cant boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieboro

Beta member
I built a computer useing the below hardware and it ran fine for the full setup of windows and installtion of misc utilities. Then i rebooted and use it for about 1 hur to check it was running fine. But 1 day later it seems to have stoped working. When i press the power button the full system starts up but the screen dose not come on. i managed to get it on one time but no more luck. i set the jumpers for the cpu to 333mhz and showed xp2500 on the bios.
Dose this sound like i set somthing up wrong or should i be sending for replasment parts from the computer shop?

ASROCK K7 SIS 741 GX+
AMD ATHLON XP2500+ OEM BARTON
MAXTOR 80 GB 7200/133
LITEON 52X32X52 CDRW RETAIL BOXED
ADVANCE PSU 400 WATT ATX
E-machine Bare Bone Case, Keyboard & Mouse
256MB DDR RAM 266 Mhz PC 2100 184 Pin
Mentor K7-30 Copper Cooler Fan XP3000
GEFORCE FX 5200 128 MB AGP 8X

Maybe you seated your processor wrong. Thats what happened to mine...back when I didn't know nothin this guy switched out my CPU into another mobo...he put a GLOB of grease on the stock heatsink which already had a thermal pad (major no no) so the glop got all over the little circuits on the CPU and the computer wouldnt boot. The power would flow through the comp, but no beeps, no signal to monitor no nothin....so if thats the case you may want to reseat your heatsink and reapply thermal compound.

Hey thanks guys. I found out the prob.... i was running 333 and the chip is 266 :$ well got cheap replasments. chow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom