BSOD Messages: Vista Home Prem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustrider

Beta member
Hi,
I built my PC last May and I bought and installed HOME PREM VISTA on the system and never had an issue until a few months ago. I thought I had a bad memory stick and removed one by one until the crash stopped. Well it did stop until about 3 weeks ago and i have been fighting with it since then.

I never get the same BSOD message it always gives me different ones. They are as follow.

BAD_POOL_CALLER
BAD_POOL_HEADER
MEMORY MANAGEMENT
DRIVER_IRLQ_NOT_(SOMETHING)
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I think there is a few more but until today I was able to find the option to not restart when it goes into the BSOD.

I have no idea why this started happening and i've been allover the internet trying to find answers and i'm getting a headache.

Anybody know what I can do to resolve this issue? I will save the link to this post and keep checking back every so often.

UPDATE: I wiped the Hard Drive and installed Vista from scratch again and still got a crash. I think it is a hardware problem somewhere but want to know if there is a program or something i can use to scan my PC to find the issue before I start replacing parts.

Thanks in Advance

ok,

I downloaded it and did a memtest and got like 500k errors after 1 hour and this thing was nowhere near done. So i pulled one memory stick at a time and rebooted. I found one stick out of all of them that was throwing red errors immediatly.

So YAY i found the problem.

Atleast I thought. I just got a BSOD and ran the memtest and see the red errors.

i'm confused.

Hmmmmmm, last time i researched bsods, multiple causes usually was memory.

Try the ram in another dimm spot. Could be bad slot.

Also try in a different system. Memtest that is.

Hmmmmmm, last time i researched bsods, multiple causes usually was memory.

Try the ram in another dimm spot. Could be bad slot.

Also try in a different system. Memtest that is.

switched the memory around. I even put in the 4th stick again and been running since the above and i'm only at 30k errors unlike the 1 mill errors before.

memtest does take forever it seems.. 4:42 hours right now and not even half way. So if I leave this thing running am I going to get some kind of report at the end? or am i wasting time leaving it running?

Once you start getting errors you know there is a problem with your RAM. I like to run it for about 4 hours without error to confirm my RAM is good. Do you have other sticks of RAM to try? Or you just trying different sticks of the ram you have in different slots until you find a combination that does not error. Most likely you have bad ram but there is a small chance of a bad ram slot on your motherboard.

Strange,

I was getting an error on each stick.

I will pickup another memory stick today after work and put it in to see if it may be a motherboard issue. I use 4 1g sticks and it's hard to believe that maybe all are bad at the same time. But hey, anything is possible.

UPDATE:

I bought 2g of ram and put them into my machine and issue is resolved. Apparently all 4 memroy sticks I have are bad cause I scanned each one of them for hours and hours and got errors.

The good thing is that CRUCIAL will replace the memory for free because of issue they had with their memory going out after 9 months.

I want to thank everyone that has replied with help on this.

/bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom