Casual MMO game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
I am looking for a casual MMO game, into which I can invest few hours a week (maybe like 0-2 during each workday, and 3-4 during each weekend day).

Possible something where focus on high level is not such big thing.

PS. I know about Guild Wars, but maybe someone can recommend something else.

Not really for me..
I mean they all pretty much focus on leveling for the most part.
But keeping it casual is kind of up to you.
Try one of the many free ones
Rappelz is one thats free and does not have too bad a graphics.
most of em really kinda stink right now other than the old tried and true ones.
and theres maybe 2-3 that have any large / larger memberships.
Rappelz
its free if you want the fancy gear you buy it.
but for fart around casual fun its worth playing.
also a free one is Dungeon Runners its just funny and kind of stupid but a good laugh
and its the same deal. you.. well.. just run dungeons :)
Free Fantasy MMORPG: Dungeon Runners by NCsoft

Well there are plenty of MMO's i have played casually.

WoW- probably the most polished MMO out there with plenty of people to quest with of ask for help in game. Classes are diverse and leveling up doesn't take as long as other MMO's out there.

Age of Conan- easily the most up and coming MMO, with a new man behind the reins of this game the future looks promising for this title. It does require a bit more of PC power to run. but if you can handle it, it has one of the best leveling experiences I have ever had. I went form 1-80 solo playing casually and loved every minute of it.

Warhammer- A good contender for an up and coming MMO title, that's prime attraction is its PvP centered design. You can level by playing PvP matches, doing public quests, or soling regular quests. The one thing that grabbed me with this game is it allows you to jump straight into PvP at level 1.

all of these games require a monthly subscription, but other than guild wars no free game is worth your time. I would suggest WoW mainly because it is the smoothest game of the 3, and is easily the best choice for solo casual play.

If you want you can create a player on the server me and my family play's on if your looking for people to casually play with.

If you like lotr, you can go with Lord of the Rings online. It is cheaper than wow. If you set your payments to one bill every three months, you will get $10 a month. If you're interested in a trial, post up your email and I'll send you an account creation thing. If you're not that into lotr, well you have a lot of options.

Pretty much, the only "Casual" MMO I can think of that I have played is, Guild Wars.

I also agree LOTR Online was fun and can be played casual. Yet the classes are not very deep and really only have 1 role. Unlike in other MMO's where lets say a Tank can spec to do DMG or a DPS class can spec to tank. other than that, LOTR was a very well made game that just released a new patch, Mine of Moria that really gave the game a boost in the right direction.

Any MMO can be classified as "Casual" if the person playing it wants it to be, lol.

True to a point, I can remember points in WoW to where if you wanted to progress within a guild you would have to sit in a Raid for perhaps 3-4 hours.

yea, but that's PvE, and at max level. Even still you can run heroics, regular 5 mans, and get into pug raids as a casual player. Plus you can do BG's for casual PvP or even find someone with a similar work schedule do do some Arena matches, but a casual arena team wont get that high of a rating. WoW offers the most casual solo content of any MMO i have ever played, but it lacks many "new" things in each expansion it brings and it getting old after 3-4 years. Why i still play it, i don't know.

can't all MMO be casual?

its only the players that gets sucked into it

it's like the saying: guns don't kill people, people kill people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom