Best video card that doesn't require extra power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
Hey guys I might have to get a new video, but I don't have a great PSU since I bought this computer pre built.

I'm using a 8600 GT and I'm hoping to get something a bit better that doesn't need the extra pin connecter.
I play Warcraft 3, Condemned, Neverwinter Nights 2, All the Unreal games, CS:S, and CoD 4

Can anyone help me out?

HD 4670 is probably the best bet... nVidia's best card that doesn't require a power connector is the one you currently have :p

Hmm would it be best to just get a new PSU?

I'm sure I can wait till I get some more money come spring...

It will lead to more connectors and more connectors must be used and then a high end
Video card, heck SLI or X-fire... and then you'll want more Ram and then "man i need a new mobo.. i might as well build" etc etc then be sitting there shaking your head going "How the heck did i spend 1500.00" don't ask me how i know. (reading my newegg statement)
it all starts with ...
Hmm would it be best to just get a new PSU?

I'm sure I can wait till I get some more money come spring... :)

People underestimate the power of the hd 4670, it really is an outstanding card for its respective area.

Seriously man..

That card = a 9600GSO (well the not crippled 512MB version)

and it requires no freaking power connector, consumes less power, ideal for people with Dell's who want upgrade power!

Acer's website says the build closest to mine has a 250 watt PSU?
Wouldn't I not be able to run this card?

Guess maybe I should get a new psu and card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom