Is this worth 948?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually an ok deal...

Mind you the GPU sucks ***.. but for the price, throw in a GPU and a PSU from PC Power and Cooling..

Only thing is that you miss out on overclocking... D:

^^ and the fun of building but if your not into ocing or building...

On a side note my friend was happy because a company would build his comp for $100 and I told him someone would have to pay me $500 for me to let them build my computer.

it is a double edged sword. when you charge friends to build they feel they have free tech support for life.

I agree with this totally! Two of my friends who I have built for always call me, "Dude the color is all weird???" then I tell them to reload the driver and they don't know what the heck that means, so I have to remote in and fix it.

Looks like you really know what you are talking about, seeing as my dell dimension has lasted 9 years without anything going wrong, and my HP laptop died 4 days after I got it. There is a reason why Dell is the leader right now.

But yeah like hefemeister said, the GPU and PSU could be better, but you can upgrade later on if you want too.

Dell is a leader because it is the most known brand and they use the cheapest off-brand parts to keep high profit margins. HP at least use more name brand parts and offer better warranties/support. Of all the PC's I have repaired, the majority are Dells.

Every PC is a gamble, though, so for every situation where a Dell lasts forever and an HP dies early, there is another situation where an HP lasts forever and a Dell died. The truth, though, is that more Dell's die. It is not necessarily to say that a higher percentage of Dell's PC's fail as apposed to a percentage of HP's, it's just that they build more and sell more, thus have more PC's with the possibility to fail.

but to truely compare it needs a 23 inch monitor and an OS. Your build is better than the dell build but with the same monitor and os it is still 300 more. But better and more upgradeable.

It depends upon your perspective. I always build.

I am honestly not suggesting any of those parts, I will cry if anyone buys that stuff.

But, it was there to get the point across as surgeVel was saying, they put horrible parts in there.

Give me a budget, and lets build it, its much better and it will never steer you wrong (Like Dell will).

I agree with you guys all the way. I prefer to build it my self. But like I was saying this is for my friend who was wanting to get into the desktop arena (formerly a laptop only guy). He told me a budget and I proposed a nice build for the budget that came in just under 950 but with no O/S. But when I saw this i thought " why not, he isn't going to OC " so why not.

but you guys are also right, building a pc leads to better upgrade ability for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom