So I've put it all together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage13

Solid State Member
...but it doesn't work. It powers up no problem - fans spinning etc, but no display (no bios screen). Also, the 6 'cpu load' LEDs on the motherboard are all lit - I can't understand why this would be.

I've tried replacing the GTX 260 with a much older graphics card - no effect. Does anybody know what's going on??

EDIT - also tried removing one stick, and then both sticks of RAM - also to no effect.

Your monitor is working and plugged in correctly, right? lol. I know seems basic but little stupid things like that can be all that's wrong.

Gigabyte P45 socket mobo
Intel Core Duo E8400
4GB OCZ RAM DDR2 800 MHz
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 55nm
Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply

Tried switching RAM around, also tried changing video cable - to no avail.

When I switch the computer on the hard drive LED is permanently on - is this significant?

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Hang up! It lives. Turns out I'd missed the 8-pin power socket at the top of the motherboard. Strange, because the manual said that it was only for use with Extreme processors.

Hang up! It lives. Turns out I'd missed the 8-pin power socket at the top of the motherboard. Strange, because the manual said that it was only for use with Extreme processors.

The entire 8-pin slot is probably only used for Extreme CPU's, but all CPU's require the 4-pin power connector at least. Glad you found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom