Is this worth 948?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I went to that link thinking 'oh, it's going to be so rubbish', but my opinion has now changed :)
That's pretty cheap really, though if you built it yourself you could go for a better GPU for the same price, and probably a better PSU too. Also Dell optical drives tend to be pretty crappy.

I just saw the price and and saw it was an i7 and 23 in monitor and i was like..holy smokes.. something that is manufactured is actually worth the price.

Yam, you think you could do all that build and get a better GPU and PSU for the same price including an O/S and 23 in monitor?

No, dell is never worth the price.

Dont waste your money on a dell PC.. They're customer service sucks, and their computers crap out too early in the game... where as HP, will last you a good 7 or more years, with awesome warranty deals, and their customer service rocks. So if you're going to go name brand, go HP.

Spit on dell....pfft.

It is going to have crap memory, psu and vid card. With that said there is no way to build an i7 with os, monitor and the rest for that price. You could have a way better system but it would be around 300 to 400 more.

Not bad.

cringes as I say not bad about a dell.

well, I am building a machine for a friend and he is wanting something in that price range that will last a couple of years. I saw that and thought.. hmm he could build one for about that much or he could just buy that. So, I am thinking that this is a good idea for my friend.

No, dell is never worth the price.

Dont waste your money on a dell PC.. They're customer service sucks, and their computers crap out too early in the game... where as HP, will last you a good 7 or more years, with awesome warranty deals, and their customer service rocks. So if you're going to go name brand, go HP.

Spit on dell....pfft.

Looks like you really know what you are talking about, seeing as my dell dimension has lasted 9 years without anything going wrong, and my HP laptop died 4 days after I got it. There is a reason why Dell is the leader right now.

But yeah like hefemeister said, the GPU and PSU could be better, but you can upgrade later on if you want too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom