format..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
If your running VIsta and need to format how can you do a full format? i know vista has a format but its quick and doesn't seem like its a format at all.. i like how the Windows XP format is but id hate to run that format then install xp then install Vista.. whats the best way to do a full format running vista?

Just insert your vista disk and go through the installation process... When you come to the part that asks where you want to install the operating system choose your hard drive and it will ask you if you want to do a full format or a quick format.

Hope this helps.

Just insert your vista disk and go through the installation process... When you come to the part that asks where you want to install the operating system choose your hard drive and it will ask you if you want to do a full format or a quick format.

Hope this helps.

ive done that many of times.. where you click ur HDD.. and it just has a format button... it shows the format not highlighted for about 3-4 secounds then it comes back and act like it got reformatted... i didn't see the option for a full reformat? not on the vista disc anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom