Loving my Q9550 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
This things pretty sweet :D everything is so much more responsive when coming from a dual core. Everything seems to be good, the intel HS was surprisingly very easy to install. Fired up CPU-Z, Core Temp and SpeedFan and woohoo ! E0 revision !. Temps seem good if a little odd ?: Core 0: 31c, Core 1: 33c, Core 2: 42c, Core 3, 42c, whats with the +10c on the 2 and 3 :confused: That's idle just browsing the internet.

Lets fire up orthos..

Okay, so orthos doesn't support quad core.. 0 and 1 @ 100percent the other two are at 3 or 4 percent :rolleyes:

After 5 mins temps stopped increasing, reaching 55 on core 0 and 52 on core 1. core and core 3 were at 48 (but were only running at like 3 percent). Pretty impressed, i thought quad cores were very hot ? my E6850 ran like 7degrees hotter than this.

Tommorow i get the OCZ vendetta and some good thermal paste, temps should be interesting then. I'll try OC it, but i'm expecting nothing good with my rubbish ram. I'll try again once i get some good ram in a few weeks time.

Now to try some quad core games..

Don't worry about those temperatures that you have now, with the stock heatsink.
Wait till you get your new one, and post some new temperatures back.

By the way, wrong section for this, next time, go for "Overclocking, Case Mod, Tweaking PC Performance", or "Hardware Troubleshooting".

Congrats are your new quad, I have the Q6600, plan to upgrade in a few months to a full i7 system.

Don't worry about those temperatures that you have now, with the stock heatsink.
Wait till you get your new one, and post some new temperatures back.

By the way, wrong section for this, next time, go for "Overclocking, Case Mod, Tweaking PC Performance", or "Hardware Troubleshooting".

Congrats are your new quad, I have the Q6600, plan to upgrade in a few months to a full i7 system.

Ah yeh forgot about that section :eek: quite shameful after nearly 3k posts :p

I might upgrade to the i7 soon, i have a potential job on the line that gets me £60 per week (im 15..) so save up for a few months and i should be on my way.

:eek:

Powerhouse much :|

29firefox3 open, photoshop, assasins creed and red faction extracting in winrar, crysis warhead running, and messing around on google earth chatting on msn and downloading on rapidwarex and not a HINT of struggle at all. that would never happen onmy dual core, it'd be dieing now.

Yeh.. except i have a pretty medicore mobo, 667Mhz Kingston ValueRam and no good heatsink :p and i don't know how to OC to well..

I tried 3.2, but to even load windows i had to increase the voltage from 1.2500 to 1.2750 i think, and then orthos failed after 29 seconds :eek:, i really need new ram..

any quick tips on Ocing this beast then ?

Now..someone help me ;) New ram is a few weeks away unfortunately, so for now.. can i get it any faster on this cheep ram ? if so, HOW !?

With a stock heatsink you might not want to try a huge oc though, just a small one. Increase the voltage to like 1.4...if it is stable,,, work your way down until it is not, then go back one increment where it is stable.

Right, ok.

Well i get some Zalman Thermal Grease tommorow (supposed to be as good as AS5 ?) and a OCZ Vendetta Heatsink, so i might be able to push it further.

What am i supposed to do to my ram ? should i change any of the settings for that ?

edit:

3.1 is my limit, i strongly feel it's the ram thats screwing up. Even at 1.4Volts it wont boot at 375fsb, it just fails somewhere during boot. @ 1.3v it reboots and resets before i can even enter Bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom