New to Building a PC - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That card reader looks fine. You don't need an LCD monitor on the card reader, if there's one on the case that monitors the same thing.

How come you with a more expensive quad core processor?

You should get a 12cm fan for the rear of the case, and an 8cm for the front for a decent airflow. Or just get the 12cm fan for the rear and move the 8cm side fan that's already included in the case, to the front.

What about the hard drive?

Q6700 it is then! Didn't see that there! I hought for a extra few quid I could get a faster processor. As for my hard drive, well, I've got a 160gb at the moment, and I was wondering I could wipe it clean and load Vista Ultimate on it and use it in the pc I'll be building. However it seems to be every day now that my computer switches to a blue screen at random times and says all this stuff I don't understand, shuts down, then when I come to restart it says 'disk read error' or something like that. I've checked for viruses, done what windows told me to do, done everything to try and recover it but it still happens. But if I leave it an hour or so it will boot up fine again with everything still loaded on :/ Is there anything I can get to run a scan and check if my hard drive is ok, otherwise I'll need to get a new one. Or will wiping it clean recover it? This is the reason why I'm going to build a new pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom