New to Building a PC - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HD 4350 has more memory, and more to the core clock. It also supports DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 2.0, where as the 7100gs only supports DirectX 9 and regular OpenGL. And it supports a higher resolution and HDTV. Overall the 4350 would be a lot better.

Go with 64bit since you're getting 4Gb of ram. 32bit only recognizes something like 3Gb of ram.

HD 350 and 64 bit it is then! I realised I forgot to include a CD/DVD drive in my list. I've seen some nice slim line ones but will they fit in a desktop case or are they for notebooks?

As for the power, would it make a massive difference if I got the eco one? Why are some more expensive/better than others?

As for the power, would it make a massive difference if I got the eco one? Why are some more expensive/better than others?

I don't think a massive difference, but a noticeable one if you really looked. Some are more expensive not because of the brand name but their quality build. Buying a cheap PSU has a higher chance of failing than expensive ones. The PSU I suggested earlier (Corsair 400CX) is a little pricey, but it's the highest quality out of the choices posted here. And it is also eco friendly I believe. It is 80 Plus Certified. So that means it has more than an 80% efficiency at up to 100% load.

The Compucase Green Earth PSU you posted earlier looks to be 80 Plus Certified too.

It's your choice. I'm not forcing you to go with the Corsair. I'm just recommending.

Ok thanks for your help. I think I might go with the eco one as it's a bit cheaper and I've never had a PSU failure in any of the 6 or so computers I've had. Does it effect the efficiency or anything else? Why do some people require alot of wattage?

The eco one looks ok, and it's 80 Plus Certified. So I guess you're good to go.

Some people go for the high wattage PSUs depending on the system they're building. Some build computers with multiple massive graphic cards, 4+ hard drives, watercooling, etc.

Oh right. I'll have just the one 512mb graphics card, one HDD and a CD/DVD drive. Would the slim line CD/DVD drives fit in a desktop case or are they for notebooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom