custom built pc £150 under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
does anyone know if i can get one for under £150?

i need about a 3GHz cpu duo if possible
about 4 GB ram
512mb graphics card
and the other stuff you need

do you think you can make a computer up for me? if so post the links please :] would appreate it alot

i HIGHLY doubt you'd be able to get a computer for that budget. Especially if you need case and any peripherals such as mouse/keyboard...oh yea, and the OS.

As mentioned there is no point getting the e2200 since the e5200 is about £1 more.
400W is enough. The CX 400 is £43 and the ST-40F is £34
That case is £60 and it is on pre-order. Get the CM elite 330, it's not bad and it's only about £27.
The RAM you have selected is one 2GB DIMM so you will not get dual channel.
I find samsung DVD RW are better for about the same money.

does anyone know if i can get one for under £150?

i need about a 3GHz cpu duo if possible
about 4 GB ram
512mb graphics card
and the other stuff you need

do you think you can make a computer up for me? if so post the links please :] would appreate it alot

Not possible pal, even if you really look around you can't build a system for under 160 not including the OS you would be better off saving up money atleast 300 for a semi decent system.
**** the other day i decided to go out an see what was the cheepest system I could even blogged about it.
Today I will take a slight deviation into the world of computer hardware, I set myself a challenge an I must say I am rather happy with the results. My challenge was to design an build a workstation that I would be happy using without breaking the £200 mark leaving myself room to spare for a beer during the build and a Pizza during the OS confinguation. The trick in my mind is realising that although you might like the best hardware although you might like a quad core system with 8gb of ram as your workstation you don't need that much if all you are doing is Email, Word processing, web browsing and slight coding like PHP or any of the other scripting language's. The other trick is to source the parts from a supplier who has good customer service and best of all cheep hardware, my choice of provider was Aria.co.uk.
The hardware I chose:

1. Arianet 8027 Black / Silver Midi Tower Case 350W, Quickcode: #33603, £19.87 inc. VAT
  2. Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L iG31, Quickcode: #33611, £40.04 inc. VAT
  3. Intel Celeron Dual Core E1200 1.6GHz, Quickcode: #30241, £39.04 inc. VAT
  4. Arianet 1GB PC2-6400 DDR2, Quickcode: #26111, £8.61 inc. VAT (I will be ordering two)
  5. Alps Black 1.44MB 3.5” Floppy Drive, Quickcode: #2436, £6.84 inc. VAT
  6. 160GB Samsung Spinpoint SATA2 8MB, Quickcode: #27006, £29.84 inc. VAT
  7. Samsung 22x SH-S223F DVD±RW, Quickcode: #31918, £14.89 inc. VAT
The total minus shipping is £168.83, this is far cheaper than any other workstation I have ever built, now I could go even cheaper buy skimping out an buying a DVD rom drive only or by dropping the floppy drive all together. I have left in a floppy drive when most people are forgetting them as to be quite honest I still use floppies a fair bit and some times it's better to use a floppy to back up that txt file or flash a older BIOS.
Now if you notice I have left the OS out of the pricing as to keep the price down you will either recycle your XP key from the side of your existing computer (not officially condoned by myself or Microsoft) or like I will be doing in this case using Linux! Yes I know it's not every ones cup of tea but it's more than capable I am a recent Linux to Windows convert as some of you may have read and after using a ungodly mix of distributions for the last 9 years I can live in any Linux distribution, but for newbies I will say use Ubuntu and if you where building this computer from scratch with no current computer that works you can order a disk to be delivered to your door from canonical for free.
I will point out that this system stands no real chance at running Vista (unless you count home basic) it is more suted to a XP enviroment but if you swapped out the processor with a slightly faster one you would be more than happy with this running Vista home or Vista business.
This would be a ideal system for a quick an dirty replacement for your main workstation or for a computer for the older or younger members of your family, or for a cheep second third or even fourth rig in your house.
Source.

You can take that an tweak it a little and get close to what you want but it wont be very upgradeable.

Not possible pal, even if you really look around you can't build a system for under 160 not including the OS you would be better off saving up money atleast 300 for a semi decent system.
**** the other day i decided to go out an see what was the cheepest system I could even blogged about it.

Source.

You can take that an tweak it a little and get close to what you want but it wont be very upgradeable.

na @ 1.6GHz thats going to be abit to slow

do you guys know this is in uk money? so £150 is around about $200 i thinks

so i would need about £300 to get a decent computer crud :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom