Help with computer build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the mobo manual again and verify that you have the case button and light wires in the correct position. Can you see the bios splash screen before it dies or it's just no video at all?

do you have another GPU you can use for testing? (slim chance, but maybe)

If your using a video card for the video and the motherboard does have onboard video you might need to plug your monitor into the motherboard. On some motherboard the pc will display though the motherboard until a setting in the BIOS is changed so that the video boot device is the video card. You can set it to onboard,AGP,PCI,PCI-E. Depending on what type of connector your card uses.

Case wires? as in the HDD led power led reset switch and power switch? Yes I have those plugged in correctly. and the videocard works was tested at my friends house.

then the only other thing I could possibly say at this point would be to start over... remove everything including your mobo, and make sure you don't have a short. a solder point might be touching the back of the case. I have had that happen to me on a couple of occasions during a build.

go you have onboard graphics (mobo)? If you have a GPU installed, the bios default might be to look at the mobo graphic first, so you might have to go into the bios and change it to PCI(e)

No I'm using a k9a2 no onboard video, I'm using a video card that I took from my friends computer yesterday and it worked. You guys want me to take a video of me turning on the pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom