Just a question about internal pc temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnelson8611

Baseband Member
Could the temperature of the processor cause the computer to get slow and buggy??? After running my pc for a while (say after 2 hours) and having worked it to the bone, my pc starts to get slow and very buggy. I've scanned for adware, viruses, defraged the hd, and even deleted unneeded programs and documents.
I've never really checked out my temperature... how do I do that??? Is there an utitlity available which automatically checks it or do I need a thermometer that goes in the pc case??
I don't overclock my pc either.

My pc specs should be listed....

Certainly could be the heat. How's yer heatsink on yer proc? Was it the one that came with the proc/mobo or did you buy it yourself? Buying a better cooler could solve the problem.

Also, when things bog down, reboot. If the problem comes back immediately, then you could most likely blame heat. If a reboot clears things up, then heat is not your problem.

Although it is possible and you can check your temp in your BIOS, the problem sounds more like a memory leak problem. Check all the programs running in the background and shutdown any unnecessary one. Your MOBO has integrated sound and video according to this link: http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n266-vm/overview.htm
If you have another video card/sound card installed, make sure that the onboard ones are disabled.

What OS are you running?

Also check which processes are running. You can find the definition for each one by clicking Startup Applications List in my signature.

I did check my running processes. Most of them were instant messenger's and antivirus. But I did go into msconfig and ended some of the processes that bog my pc at startup.
I am running a Win xp home ed. My mobo does have integrated sound/video... don't have any extra cards.
I had this pc custom built from a computer repair place so I don't know if the heatsink came w/ the processor or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom