First Build Heat Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

everything_zen

Beta member
hi all,

i decided to register here because i've decided to "upgrade" my current advent 750 system, which has now become a complete new build minus the sound and video cards :amazed:, and i wondered if you could just answer me a few questions (they might be pretty easy!).

1. people on a forum i frequently visit (no computer) said that i should worry about heating problems when building my computer. now, what i wonder is does the fan that comes with the athlon 64 3000+ (this is what i'm upgrading to) produce sufficent cooling for my system or do i need to buy a third party fan? note: i'm not going to overclock the system or nothing like that.

2. the case i'm purchasing is a Jeantech Light Fusion retail pack with ATX LCD Case with a 300W PSU.
Click here to see the specs. does anybody have this case or know if these fans should provide sufficent coolness for the system?

3. because the system is DDR memory now, will my GeForce 440 MX, that has SDRAM still be compatable with the new system?

i think thats it. sorry if these are pretty dumb questions, but i'm just being 100% certain before i spend 330+ pounds cause my budget is pretty darn tight! lol.

thanks anybody that helps ;)

1. yes the stock HeatSink and Fan for your Athlon 64 3000+ will provide sufficient cooling, but not always very good cooling

2. The case should be ok, but you might want to consider updating the case fans later on, because better airflow=better cooling.

3. The MX440 will work in your new system, but you would probably be better off spending less money on the CPU and motherboard (like instead get an Athlon XP3200+ and an Abit NF7-S) and getting a 9600Pro or XT, you will find that your computer will run games much more smoothly, but wont load them quite as fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom