Slaymate's Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this project started I was going to use the Cooler Master V8. But then Cooler Master released the V10 and I decided to try that instead. But I may still change my mind, I've been known to buy on impulse.

I'm not a fan of the Black Plastic Cover. I'll probably take it off and lose it.
v10side1jx1.jpg

v10side2cx1.jpg

v10side3jn7.jpg

v10topjp6.jpg

v10bottommy4.jpg

The base has a pretty nice finish to it
v10basear8.jpg

When the cover is removed things start to look a little shoddy. Everything looks a little bent. I'm not really impressed with the side view but it may not be noticable installed.
v10baremy4.jpg

If I do lose the cover I'll be using this fan grill on the exposed fan.
skull2pc6.jpg

Here are the fans, they are wired together.
v10fansry8.jpg

Back to the heatsink. There are a bunch of Void Your Warranty Stickers on this thing. Luckily I'm highly skilled at Voiding my Warranty :D
v10voidwx9.jpg

With the control module removed we can see the thermistor is located on the outer edge of the base. This means the Peltier doesn't even activate until the outer edge of the base gets hot. I'll be relocating it to the center or slightly off-centered (now that I've tried it as packaged).
v10modulewm7.jpg

And here's a picture of the Peltier. And I've also ordered a couple different Peltiers to try in-lieu of the stock unit. The stock unit is rated at 70 watts with 21 volts at 9.8 amps. I just don't see the Peltier getting more than 12-13 volts so it's never going to get that cold. So following there logic I ordered a 120 watt, 24.6 volt, 7.9 amp Peltier. Once again it's never going to reach it's potential but it should get much colder. I also decided to try using my logic and I ordered a 80 watt, 16.1 volt, 8 amp Peltier. I have high hopes for this one. It should run at 75-80% efficiency with 12 volts.
v10peltierva1.jpg

And the Mounting Hardware. I didn't realize that the AM2 plate was stuck to the 1366 plate.
v10hardwarevg7.jpg

I also bought one of these t-shirts. As I understand it, the wearie is inbued with an extra 10% modding bonus :D

Front
tshirt1qi6.jpg

Back
tshirt3uj9.jpg

Fruit of the Loom, you know it's comfee :D
tshirt2bv6.jpg

Today we have the Video Cards. I bought the EVGA GTX 280 1st and I took quite a few pictures. When I got the BFG GTX 280 I was in a hurry to plug it and I only took a single photo. But we'll get to see the BFG stripped down tomorrow when the new cooler is installed.

The BFG GTX 280
bfg2801awn7.jpg

And the EVGA GTX 280
280evga1avn9.jpg

280evga2ahb6.jpg

280evga3ang4.jpg

280evga4art9.jpg

280evga5ags8.jpg

280evga6acb2.jpg

280evga7aev4.jpg

280evga8ays8.jpg

280evga9aqu5.jpg

And I finally got a shipping notice for the Peltiers I'll be trying with the Cooler Master V10. Looks like I'll be tinkering this weekend.

Today I have some pictures of the coolers I'll be using on the GTX280's. This is the SilenX IXG-80HA2 Noiseless GPU Cooler. They have an optional fan kit, which I bought, Ixtrema GPU Fan Kit. But I won't recommed the fan kit, it's expensive, flimsy and the fans are totally exposed. Instead I bought (4) Scythe Kaze-Jyu Slim 100mmx100mmx12mm 2000 rpm 27.6 cfm fans, (2) for each card. On a side note, these fans come with brackets to mount them onto a hard drive.

Here are the basic spec's of the Coolers
dimensions - 228.4x113.2x33.2mm
base material - Copper Heatpipes, Aluminum Plates
fin material - Aluminum Fins
fin surface area - 2800cm²
weight - 365g
gpu compatibility - Most Radeon and GeForce graphics cards with mounting holes, SLi and Crossfire supported

While they say the Cooler is Crossfire and SLI compatible, it is only compatible as a fanless alternative. If you want to use fans with these Coolers you'll be looking for a new case, probably.

sxhs2jn9.jpg

sxhs3du5.jpg

sxhs4ry7.jpg

sxhs5dj0.jpg

sxhs6nu0.jpg

100mm1ch3.jpg

100mm2gz4.jpg

100mm3hz9.jpg

In this next picture you'll notice that (2) of the Memory Modules don't have Ramsinks. Instead you have to apply a Thermal Pad to (2) of the modules as the heatpipes are located above them.

gtx2801lo3.jpg

gtx2802yy4.jpg

sxhs7ka5.jpg

sxhs8rq1.jpg

sxhs9om8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom