Reputation system has been activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always just assumed that if a poster was a mod or had quite a lot of posts, then that information would be more credible and noteworthy. I don't necessarily think a rep system is needed, and it looks like its already causing more controversy than what it's worth.

Any member can give rep. Members with less than 50 posts (sorry, Mak ;) ) who give rep will only be giving a comment, as no one is able to give points until they have 50 posts.

A member must have at least 40 rep points before they are able to give anyone rep points. Only mods can give negative rep, and all new members start with 10.

Hmmm... I think I will make it 40 posts, as that is the breakpoint for most everything else.

hmm.. this is where I am confused..

A.."no one is able to give points until they have 50 posts."
B.. "A member must have at least 40 rep points before they are able to give anyone rep points. "

They conflict eachother..

so ppl with 2,000,000. posts can't give rep points unless they have received 40 points..?

Let me type it slow for you. :p

40 posts + 10 rep are required for a member to be able to actually award points. Until both of those conditions are met, their rep award is only a comment.

2 million posts of rubbish who cares how many you have its obviously not worth any rep. The mods (who are very knowledgeable in their areas) will be able to reward people from default so after the system has matured it should work well. The amount of rep I believe is also calibrated to how long you have been on the forums and your average post count but may be wrong with this only present in the mock up of the system

Let me type it slow for you. :p

40 posts + 10 rep are required for a member to be able to actually award points. Until both of those conditions are met, their rep award is only a comment.

LOL.. stop it.. thats not what you said above.. lol :D

2 million posts of rubbish who cares how many you have its obviously not worth any rep. The mods (who are very knowledgeable in their areas) will be able to reward people from default so after the system has matured it should work well. The amount of rep I believe is also calibrated to how long you have been on the forums and your average post count but may be wrong with this only present in the mock up of the system

wow.. cool.. lol

Edit.. the above quote had something else in it.. saying somthing about "Us more experienced members have the mods MSN".. and that was where I meant the wow, cool thing.. but now its not there..wt?

Any member can give rep. Members with less than 50 posts (sorry, Mak ;) ) who give rep will only be giving a comment, as no one is able to give points until they have 50 posts.

A member must have at least 40 rep points before they are able to give anyone rep points. Only mods can give negative rep, and all new members start with 10.

Hmmm... I think I will make it 40 posts, as that is the breakpoint for most everything else.

I was about to say, wait a minute, that means most members can't give pos rep....

If you see someone gave you rep, but it is gray, they either... a) have fewer than 40 posts, or b) have less than 10 rep (meaning they have received negative rep), or c) both.

It's not complicated. The 40 post rule now applies to Off Topic, signatures, custom avatars, and now the ability to give actual reputation points. Unless the member has lost rep points from the initial 10, they will be in good shape once they hit 40 posts.

Many older members do not have any rep points, but I am adding in their base 10 as I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom