System Longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with Intel, the Q9550 is slightly better than the new Phenoms.

I actually have the 22" version of your monitor. The one you picked has 1080p and will be watching movies and such.

And probably switch out that psu for what Luke said. The Corsair's have single 12v rails and that adds to the quality of a psu.

^ no, that would not be a bad idea, quite a bit cheaper for the amd, and similar performance...i guess i should have been recomending it instead of the q9550 in the first place as it is more of an ocer chip. Since your not ocing then amd would be your best bet.

I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to new amd cpu's as i have not bought one since my 3200+ back in the day. Since you are not ocing though, a higher end mobo is not really needed (the higher end ones are better ocers)

Newegg.com - MSI K9N2GM-FD AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Man that board is cheap, and should serve you just fine if you don't plan to oc.

I will look to see if i can bring down the cost in other ways and post back if i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom