Setting up SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Us having the same motherboards doesn't make it look good eh? I think I might go buy a new SLi bridge if they are cheap just so I can knock that off the list of potential problems.

Did you guys install both cards at the same time?

When installing my 9800gt's i installed the first then did the drivers for it.

I shut down installed the other card and rebooted and it found my other card and told me some thing like i had sli ready cards and it took me to the control panel to enable sli.

Tried the one card at a time method. Still the same thing. I even switched which way i put in the sli cable. Nothing. kinda frustrating having a $150 piece of junk in your computer

hmm.. well I own the same board (M3N). I haven't ran it SLI other than with the on board for a brief time. I am running a second GPU (8500gt) as a physX to my main GPU that is a 9800gt.

I did have a problem with running SLI in Vista when I used my M2N board.. worked fine in XP.. just not in Vista..

are you guys running Vista?

try this.. go into your Bios and disable the onboard GPU..

There isn't an option to disable onboard GPU, just Always On, or Auto, so I set to Auto, idk I was thinking about replacing the SLI bridge that came with my motherboard

Also running on Vista Ultimate 64-bit atm.

Alright, I've got my problem pin pointed. And i am face-palming SO hard. I have a 450Watt power supply.... this is no where NEAR enough to SLi most cards. Much less the 9600s. simple problem.

I figured this out when i had to UNPLUG TWO FANS to get my DVD drive to open. The drive would click and stuff but never open, so..... I saw that 2 fans were plugged into the same power cable. Unplugged them and.... voila opened DvD drive. So i take out my power supply suddenly realizing what the problem must be. I turn it over (because the way my power supply goes in the case the sticker on it is hidden) and 450watts.... Well... i feel stupid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom