Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - please have a look at my (modest) gaming rig!

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Luke
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to Luke Send a message via MSN to Luke
Default Re: please have a look at my (modest) gaming rig!

Quote:
Turns out they got new stock in this morning... I've placed my order, it's all arriving tomorrow. And I have no idea how to build a computer. Wish me luck!
Good luck mate, building is fun, don't worry, it will go well. If it doesn't, you have plenty of people here that can help you including myself.

Quote:
3) The cpu fan is a absolute beast to install, you have to push so hard for it to clip in you nearly snap your motherboard, fortunately it never does actually snap though, but dont be worried if you find yourself pushing really quite hard to get the stupid heatsink to snap into place properly.. and make sure you read the heatsink installation instructions that come with the CPU, it's actually easier than everyone makes out if you read them.
Thats why you put the heatsink on with the mobo outside the case my friend. Also i have to agree, Intel push pins are a *****.
Server: Core i7 920 | 8GB RAM | Intel 240gb 730 SSD Boot | 3 x 2TB WD RED | Fractal R4

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.