dilema between two graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just one of those crazy kids who plays at mediumish details to get a bajillion FPS on the COD engine :p

Anyway...for CoD4 going to a GTX 260 will be a downgrade. I went from a 512mb 4870 to a 1GB 280 GTX playing at 2048x1152 with 4xAA.

You'd expect a frame increase right? Nope...in fact the GTX dipped into the 40s at times, something the 4870 would never do. It was significantly faster in most other games but since the only game I really play is CoD4 I sold it and have a 1gb 4870 coming.

Also there's the RV790 "HD4890" coming in April...might want to wait for that.

GTX 280 performs a little bit better than an 4870 on average. And I doubt they will make a 4890X2... by the time it would have come out, I'm sure an hd 5 series would have been on its way.

I don't think we even want to get into this. People are going to believe what they believe, and most of the time anything anyone else says won't matter.

well, you could ask anyone who plays cod4 competetivly, 250 fps is the best you can get, and i can notice when my fps goes under 250 even if i havnt got my fps showing, its just a thing with the engine i think, but anyway, it looks like the screen has a refresh rate of about 10 if its anywere below 250 to me, others might argue but we have already had this discussion before.

EDIT : ohh and btw, i like to take advantages of the cod4 engine and FPS, hence why i need 250fps constant ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom