dilema between two graphics cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
Well basically, im having a look at a new graphics card and i was looking at a GTX 260, i saw a GTX 260 216sp for 191 pounds and then i saw a normal GTX 260 for 209 pounds.

Palit GeForce GTX 260 216 SP 896MB GDDR3 Dual DVI/TV Out PCI-E, Retail [XNE/TX262+T394-P651] from Overclock.co.uk - Overclocking, Performance Computer Hardware, PCs and Laptops

Asus GeForce GTX 260 896MB GDDR3 Dual DVI/TV Out PCI-E, Retail [90-C3CGF0-M0UAY00T] from Overclock.co.uk - Overclocking, Performance Computer Hardware, PCs and Laptops

which would be the better option?

Asus is obvously a better brand hence why its a bit more but i dont see why the normal GTX 260 is more than the 216 sp, if you get what i mean.

The Palit one has better specifications, that is the 216 SP model over the regular 260 with 192 or so SPs. The Palit will offer a visible performance increase; but I'm not too sure about the brand though.

The Palit one has better specifications, that is the 216 SP model over the regular 260 with 192 or so SPs. The Palit will offer a visible performance increase; but I'm not too sure about the brand though.

thats what im stuck on, i know it should give me more performance, but i dno about the brand and if it would be a wise choice to go with it.

Palit is a pretty good brand. I don't know much about their warranties though, but they make some of the best non-reference cooler cards.

Ohh and btw, does anyone know if CoD4 favours nVidia or ATI? because i only noticed a 20-30 FPS increase going from an 8800 GT to a 4870 overclocked to 815mh, 512mb version btw.

Ohh and btw, does anyone know if CoD4 favours nVidia or ATI? because i only noticed a 20-30 FPS increase going from an 8800 GT to a 4870 overclocked to 815mh, 512mb version btw.

A 20-30 fps increase is pretty big in cod4. An 8800GT could already handle that game easily, so it's not like you should've had a low fps before. You went from high to higher.

As for the original question, the Palit is the better card to get. Palit is a decent brand, you should be fine. And there's a very noticeable difference between the performance of the two.

but on cod4 i should be getting 250fps on the mod i play on, i did on my 8800gt but it wasnt a stable 250fps, now i get 250fps but its still not stable on my HD 4870, reason i play with such high fps is because i like it and it stops my eyes from straining, so i was hoping to get that 250stable fps with a 4870, hopefully a gtx 260 216sp will get me that last bit of fps i need.

Ya dude thats just ridiculous. I don't know why you are quibbling over a few fps when you're over 200. There is no visible difference. But anyways, if you really feel you need to get a new card, the palit is a far better choice because of the 216 sp's. Why don't you just find a core 216 from a more reputable brand if you're worried about the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom