Making the video card work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Ok, well my windows is using the integrated graphics on my asus p6t x58 mobo instead of my gtx 285, and I'm just trying to verify before I do anything that I just disable the integrated graphics. When I go to display adapters, only the integrated ones are there though. I'm afraid of what will happen if I disable them and the gfx card doesn't kick in. I'm going to go ahead and start installing drivers for the video card and other things while I wait for a reply though if anyone is up at this hour. Edit: Or do I have to completely uninstall these drivers first. I think I'll just wait for a reply first.

Also, thanks to hefe for helping me out with my earlier problem. It turns out it wasn't the ram. What seemed to fix it was either moving the video card over or reconnecting all the connections with the psu because I had unlplug all that to make room for the gpu in its new position.

Yeah, thanks for that. I just used the disc thought because I don't yet have internet on that computer. I'm going to assume they didn't bring out any new drivers for it in the last month it has been out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom