Second mouse button don't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunder

Baseband Member
Well I notice when I wanna go to All Programs and wanna sort my list of programs by name. Well when it comes to that I second click on the area but the thing doesn't pop it just makes that part of that blink doesn't come up with the menu. Anyone help me with this?

goto start/settings/startmenu options
click "start menu" on top of the windows wich pops up
click "configure/change" or something
then u see a list with checkmarks...there should be an item wich says somthing like "enable menuitem drag/move"

I could be wrong in the names of the menuitems & options I mentioned, because I do not have an english version of WinXP

Does your button work normally otherwise? If it doesn't work at all and it is not wireless, one of the wires might be broken. This often happens because of the stress caused on the wire around the mouse. There are severe bends to the wire in order to place it inside the mouse. It is not a big job to repair if it is the case. Open the mouse, cut the cable above the kink and resolder the wires onto the mouse board.
Before you do that, you might want to borrow somebody's mouse and make sure that yours is indeed broken and it is not a software issue.

TheMajor said:
I could be wrong in the names of the menuitems & options I mentioned, because I do not have an english version of WinXP
XP should come with many languages, which you can choose when you install

for your mouse problem, what mouse model do you have? it might be a driver problem.
you should find drivers for your mouse here

that's strange, I've always seen the language options
go to Control Panel, Regional and Language options (or Date, Time, Language and Regional options, then Regional and Language options) and you should see a list of languages you can use

To change the language used for menus and dialog boxes:
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Language used in menus and dialogs, click the language you want.

Notes:

To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options.
This option is only available in the Windows Multilingual User Interface Pack. If you are interested in this product, please contact the Microsoft office nearest you for more information.

Right out of the Windows XP manual. Menus and Dialogs.
In applications, you have to choose the language through the program's native language abilities (since not all software supports different languages).

You can (for a short list) change the language for:

MS - Office
Macromedia products
Adobe products
Corel products
AutoCAD
AIM
Mulberry
Half-Life
Unreal Tournament (O/2003/XMP/2/2004)

...an' so on an' so forth...

Yea normally it would and I just reformatted the computer too and been installing all the reg. stuff and for some reason I wasn't keeping track it just as it started to do that. I'm not sure if it's a virus or not wish I keep an eye out for that -_-. I think would it could be is when I'm updating drivers for my stuff that built on my computer on broad like lan , and sound driver mainly. But then again I'm not really to sure what program is causing this to do that. But I did look into seem like it work where it says Start>Properties>Start Menu>Customize, then click on Advance tab

look down for where it says drag and dropping

I'm thinking what I did was becuase I needed to shut off the auto messanger since if you got internet you would get these random advertisement pop ups without browsing the web. So I shut that off to kept it from happen but I would have to customize it so it will show on all programs. I think since the check are lil tricky with where you click it. But it did help with what he said just had to use common sense as for our version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom