Thinking about getting a different case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spigen

In Runtime
The FT01 looks to be the better choice of the two, because it has has larger and more fans as well as cheaper. Though it's a mid-tower.

Other cases I can suggest are:
Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

One of the main reasons why I like these cases is because they are not a full towers. Full tower are just too tall, unless you plan on water cooling and then that extra height comes in handy when trying to mount a top radiator.

Well the FT01 is about a inch shorter than the TJ10 at around 19inches tall, its also about 19 inches long, whereas the TJ10 is about 25inches long.

I like the new antec 902 better than the 1200, it has fan coolers on the front, led switches on the back, fan screens or whatever, 8 expansion bays, and is smaller.
That Lian Li is a little tall, I like this one (wish it came with a window)
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V1200Bplus II Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
I liked this one until I read about having to get a PSU extender, that just sounds stupid and a poor design.
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V1000Z Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
but the quality of silverstone seems better? what do you think.

Oh ok. Didn't know you were going for mid towers. In that case (no pun intended), go for the FT01. Has a cool black interior too, which is a plus.

Oh ok. Didn't know you were going for mid towers. In that case (no pun intended), go for the FT01. Has a cool black interior too, which is a plus.

Seems like a newer product than the TJ10, has a cool postive airflow system, but doesn't have a removable motherboard tray which would be nice (like the TJ10) The TJ10 looks really slick with the cover across the 5 inch bays and those side intakes. I dunno its hard to make my mind up.lol

The TJ09 is notably cheaper than the TJ10 even though they are identical for all intents and purposes. Another case to look at is the Antec p182 which is really classy and quiet.
The problem with silverstone is that they are really bad value, you are paying a premium for the name not the quality, if you don't believe me look at my post here: http://www.techist.com/forums/1585214-post1.html
Really, compare the internal pics of the SR-8100BG and the TJ05 and then look at the price.

The TJ09 is notably cheaper than the TJ10 even though they are identical for all intents and purposes. Another case to look at is the Antec p182 which is really classy and quiet.
The problem with silverstone is that they are really bad value, you are paying a premium for the name not the quality, if you don't believe me look at my post here: http://www.techist.com/forums/1585214-post1.html
Really, compare the internal pics of the SR-8100BG and the TJ05 and then look at the price.

well every owener and review that I've read stats that you are paying for quality. And by the looks of the cases they seem true. Antec cases seem cheap compared to these two. They only antec case I like is the 902. But that still seems cheap....

reasons.
No PSU bottom fan area, no PSU rubber cushions, no hot swap drives/ side mounted drives, no removable motherboard tray and or cut out for CPU coolers. The plastic looks cheap. Steel.

They only compliant I've heard about the case is the cable management and that the hard drives can only be arranged with the power/sata cables facing the window side. Instead of being about to run on the back side of the case.

I think the case is one of the best looking on the market, but for 330 dollars seems a little steep for a case that is almost 2 years old. Seems like Silverstone should upgrade this case with better cable management, powder coated black interior, and hot swappable drives like on the FT01. Also I bet the larger fans in the FT01 could fit into the TJ10 for better air flow. (hence instead of a 120mm fan sucking in air for the GPU put one of those 180mm.)

Does he have any pictures of his build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom