Don't Know What PSU to Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImMrGraves

Beta member
Hello. I'm wanting to upgrade my current PC so that I can install a new video card. I did my research before I purchased a video card and discovered that I need a new PSU. My current PSU can only handle 300 Watts. I'm looking for a new PSU that can handle at least 400 Watts.

My problem is that I don't know which PSU to purchase. I've been looking on Newegg trying to figure out which PSU I need, but I'm honestly completely lost.

My computer is just an HP Pavilion a6700z. Here are two links below that have information on my computer.

HP Pavilion a6700z

(Click the 'Specs' tab)
HP® Official Store — Buy an HP Pavilion a6700 and a6700z series desktop PC from HP

If anyone could recommend a video card to that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Corsair does the VX450, it would do what you need it to and do it well :)

As far graphics card, for what reason are you upgrading it? Gaming?

I do a little gaming, I mostly use consoles. My main thing is that I'm going to be editing videos.

For the price of a Corsair 450vx you can get this:
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500 500W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
It actually has more power and is the same price.

How much are you trying to spend on a video card? If your just doing editing and light gaming, then one of these would be good:
Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4850 TOP/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Yes, ATX is the form factor and will fit. EPS just means that it has an auxillary 8 pin plug available to serve higher powered workstations and motherboards that support them. Don't worry, it won't affect anything and is normal to have.

That should do fine as well if you're on a tight budget. Your upgraded system specs won't really demand more than 400W.

I would agree with gt7's choice though, if you can afford that. The PC P&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom