Help with computer build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using a video card and is your motherboard have onboard video? Also you might not have the power switch in the front hooked up right to the motherboard and that would make it so you can't turn off your system.

The power switch can really only be hooked up one way. If it turns on, it works.

Do you have a case speaker hooked up to the motherboard? If yes, do you get any beeps if you take out your RAM?

if the power switch does allow you to turn on the comp then make sure that you are holding the switch to turn it off and since you cant see the screen that dosent help much

Take a deep breath, and relax... (Not to quote Enigma, but...) :p

As CrazeD was talking about, remove all your items again. first:

- Make sure your power plugs are plugged in tightly to the mobo.
- reseat your ram, use only 1 stick for now. (just for testing, you can add the other later)
- if you hard drive is IDE make sure you have it set on CS (Cable Select) or Master if you only have 1 drive. If it's Sata, check your manual to make sure you plug it into the correct slot. This normally doesn't mater, but some mobo's require the first drive to be in a certain slot.
- recheck ALL your PSU connections for security

- lastly if all else fails, you might have a short in the mobo... which would require a rebuild from the start.

I've taken everything out and put everything back in and starts it up the same no video but all the fans spin and the red light comes on. I've tried seating the ram in a different slot each time. I changed the power supply and it still does the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom