Few motherboards.. Pros/Cons please

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS introduced the P6T as a toned down version of the Deluxe to make it more affordable. I also see the P6T as also a slight revision of the Deluxe. Mainly the PCIe slots. The P6T's is spread out evenly compared to the Deluxe's. So Tri-SLI would work more easily with the P6T.

The Deluxe is maybe slightly better in the overclocking department. Seeing it has a 16+3 phase design, compared to the P6T's 8+2 design.

Some other differences is that the P6T has two more SATA ports than the Deluxe. And the Deluxe has dual ethernet ports.

So to answer your question, I think it depends. If you are planning on Tri-SLI, the regular P6T is a better choice. If you plan on overclocking with a little more stability, the Deluxe would be a better choice. Although if you have the money to Tri-SLI, you most likely can go for higher priced boards that combine aspects of both the P6T and Deluxe.

Hope this clears some things up.

P6T doesn't have the SAS support, and only 8phase power...interestingly enough, it features TRI-SLI, however the 16/16/4 bandwidth will severely cripple the card...thus the TRI-SLI support is pretty much useless on this mobo

P6T Deluxe has the SAS support, and 16phase power, it has better cooling but can only support regular SLI and tri-fire.

Well I don't plan to Tri-GPU anything, Xfire or Sli, so lets leave that out, double at most...

and basically your all saying exactly why I am confused.. "this ones better" "no this ones better" with no real confirmation. lol.

Will... possibly overclock (being pursuaded gently by you fellas)
Will not Triple GPU (no reason to, ever, don't even try to change my mind)

I looked into the x16/x16/x Y function, but never really cared if the third slot was x1/x4/x8/x16 because I won't be using a third GPU, it would be an backup ethernet if needed, or a sound card. (and a sound card that requires x16 better throw me into a 3D world :p)

Well I don't plan to Tri-GPU anything, Xfire or Sli, so lets leave that out, double at most...

and basically your all saying exactly why I am confused.. "this ones better" "no this ones better" with no real confirmation. lol.

Will... possibly overclock (being pursuaded gently by you fellas)
Will not Triple GPU (no reason to, ever, don't even try to change my mind)

So to answer your question, I think it depends. If you are planning on Tri-SLI, the regular P6T is a better choice. If you plan on overclocking with a little more stability, the Deluxe would be a better choice.

Go for the Deluxe.

I wish the pci slots were thought of about gamers, those that want to double/triple GPU and have a sound card dedicated too. Either one cuts so many pci slots, I end up with either 1 slot or 2 slots, with the 2 slots, 1 being a 2.0 slot

why couldn't they design a board for gamers already, that's who pays their bills, gamers.

It looks like the deluxe would have a Pci express slot, and PCI slot open for use after 2 GPU.

The PT6 seems to have a express, a 2.0 and a PCI slot (considering the express Ethernet takes up just to the slot- it wouldn't block the fan of the GPU- which means it shouldn't be an issue)

.. and now I have to go to work.. so hopefully I'll remember where I was going with this in 10 hours.

dunno where I was going with that.. guess I'll go look at the boards again.. see if anything pops out.. but the deluxe seems decent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom