Can't pick a GFX card, help me pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

XsuperflyX

Beta member
So I have been waiting to get a new card, I realize that the longer I wait the cheaper it gets. But I still have a dual RADEON X850 XT. I think I have waited too long.

So is there a "best time" to buy a card, and if so which one should I be looking for.

I game often, TF2, and eventually L4D, Fallout. I also do some video editing from time to time with Sony Vegas Studio. I'd like to keep the price at around $100 but will to go to $150 if it is worth the price.
The one I am looking at is the ASUS EAH4850 and the ASUS EN9800GT But to be honest I know every little about GFX cards.

Thanks for the help.

GFX:2 X850XT Crossfire
MB: D975XBX2 Bad Axe 2
CPU: X6800 Dual core 2.93GHz
Memory:3GB
PSU:Stock 470W
Current Desk Top Resolution: 1650 x 1050

What about the 4830 I can't decide between the two 4830's a a few bucks cheaper so is the 4850 worth the extra bucks?

Between the 9800GT and HD 4850 there's no competition, the HD 4850 smokes the 9800gt

The HD 4830 is the closest competitor to the 9800gt, but beats it

Last question, should I get a new PSU, I really rather not I'm a poor college student, I was thinking that I am running two cards in crossfire right now so I should be able to run 1 of the 4850. But on the other hand it was the 470W PSU that came with my case... :confused:

^ewww, generic psu's are a no-no, especially since they can blow and take things with them. Also when generic psu state that they have an output xxxw it is not actually that, it is under that. So i would highly recommend getting a new psu. 450vx, 380earth watts, something of the like...depending on if you can find a deal on a decent psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom