Reputation system has been activated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good good.. Like i said before, a forum i mod, got stupid on reps.. It becomes a popularity contest.

I don't think that would happen here, even if the settings were not there that did not allow you to give repetitive rep. Most people here are mature and would not do that. I couldn't care less what rep i have, as long as it is not red im good... haha.

For regular members and mods the current system settings will only let you award rep 10 times in a day, and it won't let you give rep to the same person until you have repped 20 others. I thought about changing these, but everything I found online about how to set it up said that it was best to leave it that way to avoid misuse or lopsided reps.

While reading down I was going to mention that.. seems the best way to just keep it like it is so it doesn't turn into some epeen contest like a lot other forums does with their reputation system.

Will there be a way for us (regular users) to neg. rep other users or will it stay for positive only? Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere along the lines already, then I must have missed it.

Only us mods can negative rep members. Don't want this to be gang fest. We'll be on the lookout for posts that don't deserve to be there.

I logged into my UserCP and saw I have a repped post.. but it doesn't have a comment.. and the box next to it is grey.. is this a negative rating?

No, its just a normal.. not pos/neg

I think that's given by new members, so they can't give a pos rep to a Spam post..

So.. unless the ppl we are helping are seasoned veterans here.. then the average person that just comes here for help which are the one's we are helping, they can't rep us?.. does this not defeat the purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom