Liquid 4870 shuts down after POST, one light on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I just got my liquid cooling setup, bleed down and everything plugged back in. The card has a full waterblock on it with a probe for the GPU temps for my display unit.

After the BIOS post, I get the second light from the right comes on, on the card and the monitor display dissappears.

Problem! I tried plugging my fan back in to it, did the same thing. I gotta find the book for this card.....

TIA!!

AWESOME! -seriously! Thanx for the help! My buddy looked up the light code for me and it was saying it's a temp issue, the card thinks it's overheating. He found that some people went back to the stock heatsink and it worked fine. Odd.

Can you elaborate a little more on 'not mounted properly'??

Basically the block isnt making good contact with the card. So the card is overheating. Pull it completely off, remount it and try again. When i had the issue my systen wouldnt post because the card overheated almost immediately.

Ok, I basically reinstalled the WB on the card. I have a display now, but the darn system is crash-bandicoot on stock BIOS settings witht the fan speeds set to ignored.

Wtf? This thing won't run the OS more than a minute or so, then restarts. I replaced the cpu paste for the processor. - had enough on there before.

Could the card cause an entire system crash? Should I replace the thermal paste on that too? I'm running Arctic Silver 5, too FWIW.

I have a new display that is freakin out on start-up throwin an alarm for CPU overheat, but when I got to open PC probe, it said I was running 45*c CPU temp. None of my tubes are hot, the bracket for the CPU was slightly warm, about 45*c, actually.

Wtf is goin on here? I've got dual radiators, one for each chip, and bled down completely. The pump an REZ actaully bleed out any remaining air. That pump, top and rez is a REALLY nice unit!!!

My rig specs in sig... No OC, returned to stock when it started crashing. Wtaercooling info is: dual MCR220 rads, 4 fans, 1/2" tubing, DTek fusion cpu block, Swifteck CPU block, Swiftech 3.2 pump w XSPC top and rez.

It's actually staying at the blue screen before entering WinXP longer than it has stayed running before.... But just crashed. Darn it all!!

I'm not even getting. BIOS post now. Gonna reset it.

I'm not even getting a POST now. I switched cards and I'm still not seeing anything. This is a new version of the M3A boards. I'm hoping it's not the board that crapped out for some reason... I can hear the HD alternating speeds, but I'm not getting any display at all.... No beeps from the board on startup, but the alarm from my monitoring system beeps on start up anyway... For some reason it's showing the CPU pegged out.... PC Probe said 45*c, and the desplay is pegged... I even moved the probe out more to the edge of the cpu... It's between the CPU and the WB.

I'm not getting any beeps at all out of the POST. Which elates to a board or PSU problem. Hmmmm. All I really did was substitute the fans I HAD and add a pump.

But we were VERY careful about NOT getting ANY coolant on anything during the install. We had a lot of rags, and blew the computer off GOOD before we started it.

Oh well.... Time for a new modular 1100w OCZ psu, like I've been dreaming of. If that doesn't work, then it's a new board and PII 940. :D

I ordered a new Gigabyte 790gx MoBo, an Ultra V3 1000w full modular psu a 1T Seagate HDD, Rosewill SATA/eSATS Ext HDD enclosure and eSATA cables. It should be here thursday.

I hope the Gigabyte mobo is a better OC board.

Be careful with Ultra power supplies, they aren't exactly known for their excellent quality or long life span...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom