PC identify please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, seems you've been landed with another clunker again. I'd check the psu, if it's 250W or higher, then keep it for spare parts or testing purposes. But don't really bother with the rest.

Holy havent seen one of them in a LONG time... Backplane with IDE controller on a bus card... Anyways, try check the memory, appears there is only one stick, and if I remember right that type needs two identical sticks to run correctly, also remember, that might only be capable of running DOS or 95, 98 at the latest...

Ya, I got the PC to display on a screen. Says 1995 on the 1st screen. One problem.... I don't have a keyboard that will work with it b/c of wrong port(s), any help on this? I will ask the guy I got it from if he has the keyboard and mouse. Also, I think its running on DOS. Oh and I just got back from a flea market, hehe I purchased a 5" floppy drive XD $2.00 for it. I plugged a power cord into it and it worked, but I cant see where it will hook up and I assume it wont work with this PC or my others. Also thank you for the help everyone.
hmmm, seems you've been landed with another clunker again. I'd check the psu, if it's 250W or higher, then keep it for spare parts or testing purposes. But don't really bother with the rest.
PSU? Again, I'm new, please explain.. :S

PSU = Power Supply Unit.

If I remember right AT computer systems used a mouse that uses serial connetions, and Keyboards used the really really large plug.... Most computer repair shops, sadly, still have one or two laying aroudn in the back.

Ohh okay, thanks Charles. Wanna know what else is sad? 0 PC shops around me :( I have to order everything online.

you cn also get an adapter/converter for the AT keyboard plug. Or, if you're handy with a soldering iron, build one yourself. Just google the connections.

Well, I talked to the guy I got the PC from, he found his keyboard and hes bringing it to me soon. Thank you for the suggestions tho. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom