please give me some advice/opinions on this i7 920 build I want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, the corsair 750 can easily power 4870 1Gb in crossfire. You should also get a 3x1Gb set set of ram since you'll be running Windows XP 32bit. This is good ram:
Newegg.com - OCZ 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Crossfire means to run two same graphics cards? (similar to SLI ?)

So, I better get the 750W rather than the 1000W Corsair even for future upgrades?
Sorry if I'm being a pain, and I keep asking, I just mwant to make sure, because the 1000Watter does not cost so much more, but if I really have enough with the 750 also for upgrades, then there wold be no point in spending more money.

Yea, for crossfire you need the same card. They don't have to be from the same brand though, as long as they have the same memory and clocks. But I would try to match the cards as closely as possible.

Yea, for crossfire you need the same card. They don't have to be from the same brand though, as long as they have the same memory and clocks. But I would try to match the cards as closely as possible.

Thanks again !

But the Sapphire HD4870 I will be getting wil be enough to play games like Far Cry 2 or COD, right?

It means it can run the game with all of the graphics options turned to their maximum settings.

Awesome ! Thanks!:)

Now it's time for me to order the parts for that build ... I been taking too much time already:rolleyes:

One more qurstion:

What do I need for putting the PC together? Any special tools? Cables?
I heard about some grounded wrist band?

Everything needed should come with the parts you ordered. You don't need that wrist band. It's for grounding yourself, to protect from static electricity, which can damage pc parts. When assembling, do it on a table, maybe with your shoes on to protect from static. And touch something that is metal every once in a while, to get rid of any static you might have before handling any hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom