Windows7 performance scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

spigen

In Runtime
I've been messing around with windows 7, just wondering whats up with some of the scoring.

CPU (7.5/7.9)
-i bet if I clock it up to 4ghz ill hit 7.9

MEM (5.5/7.9)
-kinda funny 6GB of Corsair dominator ram...but its Windows 7 32bit, it only reconizes 3 gb, so once I find a 64 bit version I bet ill hit 7.9

Graphics (7.9/7.9)

Gaming Graphics (6.3/7.9)
-I don't really know what to think about this, whats the difference betwen graphics and gaming graphics
-and shouldn't a 4870x2 hit 7.9....wounder how nvidias new cards score.

Primary hard disk (5.9/7.9)
-a 10,000rpm velociraptor scores a 5.9?

any thoughts, other scores, or interesting articles?

or it could be just like it was when vista came out...hard to get the top score.

they could have that scale based on what they think the top of the line hardware will be when windows 7 is released.

if thats the case, think of it as a 1-10 scale, and then how would you rate each of your components from 1-10, nothing is a 10 even now is it?

vista scale is (1.0-5.9)
windows 7 is (1.0-7.9)

-atleast thats what I read. not 1-10
-just wondering about the hard drive score, and the difference between graphics and gaming graphics.

vista scale is (1.0-5.9)
windows 7 is (1.0-7.9)

-atleast thats what I read. not 1-10
-just wondering about the hard drive score, and the difference between graphics and gaming graphics.

think of it as a 1-10 scale you can use decimals

then rate your hardware for yourself

does anything deserve a 10

I think hardware does... computer styling is different.

so you would say your hardware is top of the line? nothing is better?
i would not agree with that.

i would say its real close tho, but there are better options out there.

Those scores are pretty useless really, so I wouldn't worry about it.

lol I know there useless, just kinda curious about them.

I feel my system components are close to top of the line. Not my computer as a whole. I could have dual 4870x2 or dual 295s, with a nice watercooled system. a high end sound card and case, corsair dominator gt ram, etc... but I feel my system is top of the line for the stupid windows test. If I felt my system was the best then I would have the top 3dmarks score on ORB, which I don't...don't even have the highest score on these forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom